My main research interests are the adaptive communications and the Software Defined Radio (SDR). I have been working in link adaptation algorithms for mobile satellite communications which involve the use of both closed loop and open loop Channel State Information (CSI). Furthermore, I was researching link adaptation algorithms for SatCom systems which use simultaneously two polarizations in a sort of 2x2 MIMO. During a research stay at SnT, I started to work in link adaptation for future broadaband satellite system which use linear precoding, facing practical issues as carriers detection errors, which deteriorate the CSI severly. I have also being working on the application of Machine Learning (ML) to make capacity and mutual information calculations and adapt the ModCod in MIMO systems which employ Sptial Modulation (SM).
- Best paper award in the 11th International Symposium on Communication Systems, Networks, and Digital Signal Processing. Budapest. 2018.
- Extraordinary End of Studies Prize, Telecommunication Engineering. University of Vigo. 2017.
- HISPASAT Award for Best Master Thesis in New Technologies for Satellite Communications. XXXVI edition of the Awards for Best Thesis, Master Thesis, Doctoral Thesis and Best Academic Trajectories in Telecommunications Engineering. Official College of Telecommunications Engineering. 2016.
- Academic Excellence Award for students who start university studies in Galicia. Galician Regional Government. 2008.
- Centre Tecnològic de Telecomunicacions de Catalunya (CTTC). November 2015. Funded by SatNEx-IV, the Satellite Network of Experts supported by the European Space Agency (ESA).
- SnT - Interdisciplinary Centre for Security, Reliability and Trust (University of Luxembourg). January - May 2018. Funded by SatNEx-IV, the Satellite Network of Experts supported by the European Space Agency (ESA).